Thursday, June 26, 2008

Frugal Learning: Languages

Heres something that might be worth checking out. If you ever wanted to learn Japanese, Spanish, French, Hindi, German, or Mandarin Chinese - Check out LiveMocha.

Found via this slickdeals thread, where it is immensely popular. I am checking it out and will be taking courses to improve my Japanese skills. Please do let me know if you use or sign up for LiveMocha!

In other news, I got my free sample of Kashi Granola(expired) and Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons(here) yesterday. I'll probably keep the granola in my car for when I am in desperate need of a snack!

I also got my pedometer today! A few weeks ago, my roommate and I ordered pedometers from Amazon. I'll check in and let you know how having the pedometer (hopefully) makes me more conscious of how much I exercise! Apparently I walked 0.5 during the first half of my work day, I wonder how much I'll walk over a complete day.


~Katharine
PS - Sign up for a free sample of Purex laundry detergent here!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the intro to LivaMocha! I signed up yesterday and already it looks promising. English > Japanese)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also using the English to Japanese lessons. Though I've taken Japanese for several semesters, I've started at level one just for review... It seems to me that every learning system considers different vocabulary to be level one vocabulary.

    For another free Japanese resource, check out the Kanji Box game on facebook if you have an account. It is a great way to pick up vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete